Koch Pipeline Company Facts
Koch Pipeline Company, L.P. (“KPL”) owns or operates about 4,000 miles of pipelines that transport crude oil, refined petroleum products, natural gas liquids and chemicals.
The refined products, including gasoline, diesel, propane and heating fuel, are transported to distribution terminals for delivery to consumers.
KPL is based in Wichita, Kansas, and is an indirect subsidiary of privately held Koch Industries, Inc. Many of the pipelines we operate today are owned by Koch Industries’ subsidiaries Flint Hills Resources and INVISTA.
Where We Operate
Northern Operations: Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin
- 304-mile pipeline owned by Minnesota Pipe Line Company, LLC that delivers Canadian and Rockies crude oil, including Bakken, from Clearbrook, Minn., to refineries in the Twin Cities.
- 580-mile Wood River Pipeline in Missouri has transported crude oil from Hartford, Ill., to the St. Paul, Minn., area.
- Wisconsin Pipeline carries refined petroleum products from a Twin Cities-area refinery to distribution terminals in Wisconsin.
- MSP Airport Pipeline delivers jet fuel to the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport.
- Propane distribution pipeline in Minnesota and Wisconsin transports natural gas liquids, an important home heating fuel, to a key market in Wisconsin.
Southern Operations: Texas
- 540-mile pipeline in South Texas that moves domestic crude oil to a Corpus Christi refinery. As one of the largest pipeline transporters of South Texas crude, KPL has relationships with other crude distribution systems that further its ability to provide services in the growing Eagle Ford production area.
- Texas Pipeline System carries refined petroleum products from a Corpus Christi refinery to the San Antonio, Austin, Bastrop, Waco and Dallas/Ft. Worth markets.
- DFW Airport Pipeline delivers jet fuel to the Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport.
- Chemical pipelines that serve a chemical plant in Port Arthur and manufacturing facilities in La Porte, Orange and Victoria.
- Pipelines that carry a variety of products between two refineries in Corpus Christi.
Our commitment to safety has been recognized by numerous awards from government agencies and industry organizations.
- Distinguished Award for Outstanding Safety and Environmental Performance from American Petroleum Institute in 2011 and 2012
- Environmental Performance Award from American Petroleum Institute for three consecutive years: 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Occupational Industry Leader Award from the National Safety Council
- The Southern Operations Group is STAR certified in the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s Voluntary Protection Programs.